Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear Family,

Granny's 86th birthday is coming up June 2, and I would like to plan a luncheon for Saturday, May 30th at a quaint little ladies spot called Honeybee's. It is located on Hwy 17 before you get into Orange Park on the right hand side. Any ladies in the family who woulld like to attend, just let me know as soon as possible as I will need to make reservations. When I left Ridgeview, Jenny planned a luncheon for me there and one of the ladies I worked with gave me a pretty little box filled with hearts....each one had a word printed on it that she told me she thought was characteristic of me. It was so thoughtful and affirming, and I would like to do something like that for mom....so I am asking any and all of you who would like to participate to think of something you would write on a heart to mom affirming her in some way. It might be just one word describing something about her....or it might be a special memory, etc. Just be thinking what you would write....and go ahead and write it down. If you would prefer, you can e-mail me what you would say and I will put it on a heart to go in the box. We might have to tweak this, but we will start with this idea and see where it goes. Thanks!

6 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Linda,
I would love to attend, so count me in! Thanks for planning this!
- Lindsey

nancy said...

Sounds good to me. I checked my calendar and that will work.

Melissa said...

Unfortunately, Madison and I will not be able to attend. She has her end of the year dance recital that weekend. Sorry we can't make it. It sounded like a great idea.

Melissa

Kim said...

So far my calendar is clear for that day so count me in. Looking forward to seeing you and Jenny:)

Teresa said...

So sorry I can't make it but I will email you a message for the special thought box. What a great idea!!!
Thank you to everyone for the prayers you prayed for my mom.

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Kim and Missy,
I was wondering if there would be any way to get some kind of schedule of activities your kids are in?...like soccer games, swim meets, or dance recitals, etc? We're very much wanting to keep Shep and Rauly in touch with their cousins, and since I won't be working this summer, I'd like to make every effort to see Madison, Jared, Alec and Earl! If it would take too much time to shoot us an email with the schedule, maybe you could just get give us a heads up if there's an event nearby that we could attend?...if we can't come, we'll just let you know - but we're missing you guys and would very much like to cheer them on this summer with their activities! :) Let me know!