Monday, August 17, 2009

A little late in coming but I wanted to thank everyone for prayers on our behalf while we were in Union Island. We had a wonderful trip overall....we had more sickness than normal and one of our bags with VBS material never made it to Union but all in all it went well. We all made it back safe and sound and that is a blessing! It was the rainy season and that means the flu season in the Caribbean and many in our group were feeling the effects of travel, germs, etc. However, we averaged around 200 kids in our VBS. Our nightly meeting ranged from 50 to 75. We had three afternoons of a ladies class and personally met with different ones throughout the week. Dennis and Bob were not able to travel to Dominique as they were bumped for a big cricket tournament in that area. However, Bob and two of the girls traveled to Mayreau to scout out the possibility of working on that island. And we all were given a nice surprise on Saturday when the owner of the dive shop next to our hotel volunteered to take all 15 of us (in two boats) to Mayreaux for a few hours of swimming and relaxation. His son was in our VBS. We didn't know what to expect....it was midday at the equator and needless to say many in our group got SUNBURNED! However, I managed to AVOID that (surprise, surprise!)....I had my sunscreen, big straw hat and if you notice the little hut in the picture with Dennis and Marian, that is where I parked myself until the boat came to pick us up! Anyways, I did want to thank everyone for prayers on our behalf. We are now looking to send our friend, Kevin Johns who graduated from Harding a few years back to the islands to work so please continue to keep this work in your prayers!

3 comments:

The Siegel Family said...

Glad you made it back safely.
Larry

Nancy said...

So glad that ya'll had a great trip. The pictures were beautiful!
Hope Dennis is feeling better.

Teresa said...

Loved the pictures. It is a beautiful place. I am sure it is a joy to work with the people.