Monday, November 27, 2006
Well, the Thanksgiving holiday is over and we are on to Christmas. Just wanted to say what a wonderful Thanksgiving day it was! Each and every family member played such an important part in making this a wonderful day. Thanks to those who traveled a far distance to come, to those who prepared such delicious dishes, to all the grandchildren and great grandchildren who played so well together and made memories that will last a lifetime, to those who took all the pictures so that we can enjoy this in years to come, to our "entertainment" with an array of Johnny Cash songs and guitar pickin' (WOW I was totally blown away at how much he sounded like the man in black. I was very impressed and Granny really enjoyed it!!) and a special "thank you" to Granny and Pa (I feel God allowed him to look down and see his family in action) for the wonderful family they have created. We are truly blessed in so many, many ways. Love you all and hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!! Love, Nancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thank you, Nancy for all your work. It was a wonderful time together.
Love,
Teresa
It was an absolute wonderful time for us (except for the clorox scare and the double ear infections!). Thanks to everyone for their part in bringing it all together. It is indeed a privilege to be a part of this family and we would be crazy not to build on the foundation that Granny and Pa have established for us. As Erin and I raise our children, everyday I'm reminded of the challenges we have faced as well as the challenges that lie ahead. But, by having Granny and Pa, as well as Mom, Linda, and Larry, as examples, I am confident we can train our children to carry on the legacy.
Brandon and Hannah, we truly missed seeeing you guys!
Keith
I agree with Nancy - Dennis sounds so much like Johnny Cash!!
Thanks Nancy for all you did to make it such a wonderful day...you worked so hard to make sure we all enjoyed ourselves and I don't think you even ate a bite of food till everyone had seconds!
Keith - I hope Elizabeth Anne's ear is feeling better...Chad said she had an infection. :(
Let me clarify my previous comment that when I mentioned Mom, Linda, and Larry, I was including Dad, Dennis, and Teresa. Each one of you have been an incredible example as a spouse, a parent, and now a grandparent. Life's hard enough but to know you have a partner that you can lean on makes everything much better. I am thankful that God led me to my partner. We are a blessed family!
Keith
Thanks Nancy for the compliment. I enjoyed playing, especially for granny,and I hope that everyone who was listening was encouraged to
"walk the line". Tell granny I'll keep practicing and give her another concert sometime. I truly enjoy the Siegel family gatherings and look forward to many more in the future.
Post a Comment