Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for me while I was in Nicaragua--I got home safely Sunday night after an incredible trip! We were working in a free medical clinic in the town of La Dalia, which is in a very poor area high up in the mountains. I was one of 4 or 5 non-medical people in the group--our team had physicians assistants, nurse practitioners, dieticians, a physical therapist, a pharmacist, a dentist, a veterinarian, a counsellor and 4 med students....and, of course, a librarian! :-) I was in the eye clinic all week giving out eyeglasses--by the end of the week, we had given out about 800 pairs. Part of the goal of this trip was also to establish a congregation in La Dalia, and by the end of the week we'd had 9 baptisms. Several of the ministers from other parts of Nicaragua spent their days talking to the hundreds of people in the line, giving out Bibles, and getting follow-up information. It was a great experience for me to see all of the medical people showing such kindness and compassion for the Nicaraguan people in the name of Christ--it really convicted me. I'm already planning on going back next year!
I'm posting a few of my pictures below--thanks again for all of your prayers!
Love,
Jenny
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh Jenny - these pictures are SO great and really paint a picture of what it was like! The one of the old lady wearing the "boyfriend" shirt made me laugh out loud!...and the pic of the little boy looking through the window was so sweet! I know you must've made such an impact on the people there even if it was for only a week. Just seeing the line outside the clinic and the truckload of people leaving shows how much of a need there was and is - how great that you'll get to go back next year! I'm so glad we got to hear all about it last night - and let me tell ya', we thoroughly enjoyed our coffee this morning! :)
Jenny, thanks for sharing those pictures. The faces on the people show how much appreciation they had for so many of the things that we just take for granted. I am anxious to hear all about it. I am glad that you are back but so proud that you were able to be a part of making a difference in people's lives. Love ya!
Jenny, We are looking forward to hearing all about your trip very soon. We are trying to plan another trip down to FL for the summer and want to hear all about your experience. We are glad you made it back safe and that it was a great trip. Look forward to seeing you soon!
We love you!
Keith & Erin
Awesome pics Jenny! I am so glad that you had such a good and safe time. Seeing those pictures reminded me of Val and seeing her pics of Honduras. I'm so glad that you were able to have this experience! Let me know when you want to get together! Love ya!
So enjoyed hearing the stories of your trip....and the smiles on the faces in the photographs say it better than words can express...love you!
Post a Comment