Friday, July 07, 2006

Hey to all! I hope everyone had a great holiday this week. I would like everyone to keep Erin's brother, Grant, in your prayers. As some of you know, he joined the Marines a year or so ago and is being deployed to D'Jibouti, Africa today for 7 months. This area is known for its terrorist breeding camps and his job is to protect the base where he will be staying. To complicate things, he and his wife, Danielle found out they are pregnant - due mid to late January. Grant will most likely miss the birth and won't be home until the baby is around 2-3 months old. This will be their first child. Can't imagine missing the birth of my first child (or any for that matter!) but I'm sure there are many service men who have dealt with this within the past few years and have accepted it somehow. Please keep Danielle in your prayers as well. The next several months will be tough on her.

Also, please keep Erin's 13 year old cousin, Keila, in your prayers. A couple of years ago, it was discovered she had cancer in her throat. After some treatment, she went into remission for about a year. Just recently, the doctors determined the cancer has returned. As you can imagine, a 13 yr old dealing with this would seem overwhelming, but she has handled the news very well and we are confident God will intervene.

Lindsey/Chad - awesome news on Shepherd! As humans, in order to build on our faith, we sometimes need to witness miracles first hand! Thanks to God for how he watches over this family! I am confident God will work in Grant's and Keila's situation for the good. Thanks for your prayers!

Keith

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith & Erin, Thanks for letting us know about Keila. Will put her on our prayer list. Is Grant leaving in August? We will pray that God will watch over him, Danielle and their new baby. That can be very hard on a family. Larry was 6 months old before Pa saw him for the first time. Keep us posted. Have a great weekend! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Keith - thanks so much for sharing about Grant and Keila. Chad and I have become some serious prayer warriors, so let Erin know that her brother and cousin have made our list! I know that must be very scary for Danielle...I personally can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to be pregnant without Chad - which is why we should all be SO thankful to all of the wives at home whose husbands are currently serving in Iraq - these women seem to be some of the strongest women I've come in to contact with. (Not to mention their amazing husbands who are serving our country!) Give Harrison and Elizabeth Anne a kiss for us!

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that about Keila. I can't imagine going through something like cancer, let alone when I'm only 13. We will definitely pray for her and Grant and Danielle too.

Give the kids a hug and a kiss! Love ya'll!