Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hey, family. I just read this on a blog that I read occasionally and thought it was really powerful. It reminded me of a time when Granny and Pa had been to visit us in Arkansas and left to go home one Sunday morning. They were dressed to stop along the way and go to worship. Pa later told Larry that as they took communion that morning that he thought about how everyone in the family was worshiping God that morning. It reminded him that we were together in spirit even though we weren't physically. So the next time you take the Lord's Supper think of our spiritual connection as family because of Jesus' sacrifice and take a cup from the inner circle.


"Each Sunday as the cup is passed he takes a cup from the very middle of the tray. (you know how most trays have circles...it's that inner circle.) He and his friends separated by miles do this each week to remind themselves that this Walk is about community and they share community with each other."

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day full of love!
Love,
Teresa

4 comments:

The Siegel Family said...

Thanks so much for that thought, I remember it very well. God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams with a wonderful family that have our God in common.
Larry

Lindsey Eason said...

That's a very neat idea! Thanks for sharing! Hope all the Siegels in LR had a good Valentines Day and that you all are staying warm!
BTW: I'm hopefully going to be coming to LR in March (around the time that Wye Mtn will be in bloom...trying to make it a tradition with the kids and their Gigi). Anyways, I'll let you know for sure if I'll be there and we can plan on getting together if ya'll will be in town!

Anonymous said...

We would love to see you. What week are you coming? We are on spring break the last week but that is the only time we will be gone. Just let us know.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, thanks so much for these thoughts--I sometimes think during Communion about all of the other people I know who are doing the same thing, and what a blessing it is to be a part of that family of believers. Thanks for such a good reminder of all that we've been given!
Hope you are all doing well,
Love,
Jenny