Saturday, February 10, 2007

The LLC was a total success (except for the absence of Kim, Erin, Teresa and Hannah). Jenny was such a great hostess - the food she made was delicious (poppyseed casserole and yummy rolls). Along with that, Jenny came up with a really fun and creative idea for salad - everybody brought a few ingredients that we thought would be good - we had tomatoes, cheese, kiwi, strawberries, cucumber, bell pepper, croutons (and I'm pretty sure I'm leaving out a few other ingredients). Anyways - we just threw it all in a huge bowl and bon apetite! Linda made a delicious strawberry pound cake dessert and I'm tellin' ya'...it was all so good! It was just so fun to sit around and relax with all the ladies...we really wish all the women from the family could've been there and hopefully one day we'll be able to have one while everyone is in town!! Linda is having a b-day this month and we all surprised her with a party at the end of the evening! Thanks again Jenny for all you did to plan and prepare for today - can't wait to do this again!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, WOW you are on the ball! Thanks for posting the pictures. Jenny, thanks to you for a great time. The food was delicious and the company was so entertaining. We missed you, Kim, and our out of town ladies and hopefully we can plan one when everybody can come. Granny had a great time, its always good when she can be a part of everything. Thanks to Maddie for the valentine cards. You are growing up to be such a sweet young lady. Thanks again, Jenny and I look forward to the next one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lindsey, for that great recap of our wonderful get-together last evening! The pictures were great....thanks again, Jenny for being such a wonderful hostess and for spurring us on to continue the tradition Kim started (we missed you, Kim!) For the sweet Valentine from Maddie and the birthday surprise from everyone....A BIG THANKS! May the LLC live on!!!

Lindsey Eason said...

Elizabeth Anne - We missed you too...I can't believe I forgot to put your name on the list but I guess that's what I get for doing it at 10:30pm! We love you so much and I know Rauly and Maddy wish you could've been there to play with them!! (And of course the adults would've loved to hug and kiss on you!!)

Anonymous said...

Me and Madison had a great time! I hope we continue our LLC and make it a tradition!

On a side note, I have to share this after our tithing conversation yesterday. This morning's sermon was on tithing today! I could not believe it. I kept wondering, "God, are you trying to get a point across to me?" Actually, it was a condemning sermon, just on how it is not just tithing money but our services and time, too! And if that wasn't enough, David and I started a new Sunday School class and they continued the discussion in there. You will all be proud to know that I did not sit in the corner. I joined the discussion and shared my thoughts on tithing! (I behaved!)

Anyways, I just thought that was a weird coincidence!

Well, we really enjoyed last night! Thanks again, Jenny for being a great hostess (and for the Hershey Kisses!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everyone had a good time....it was wonderful having you all over! What an easy group to be a hostess for.... :-)
I'm looking forward to our next meeting!
Love,
Jenny