Just wanted to ask everyone to keep Murry in your prayers. He has had one wild week. He flew out from Gainesville Monday morning on his way to Portland, Maine for a meeting with the company that has their software at work. He was supposed to fly out Wednesday afternoon and arrive home around 10pm Wednesday night. The winter storm came through Tuesday and you have seen the pictures on the news, but he still thought he would be able to at least get out by Thursday or at least this morning. He was on standby to fly out Thursday morning, but that flight was cancelled. He then was all set (or so we thought) to fly out at 6:00 this morning and arrive in G'ville around 11:42. I got a call from him at 6:30 this morning telling me he had rented a car and was driving home. It seems that when he got to the airport, Delta had no record of his ticket and no seat on the flight, then proceeded to tell him that they might be able to get him out Tuesday morning. So he is driving home and should be home sometime tomorrow. Thanks for all your prayers and will let you know when he gets home. Have a wonderful day!!
Love, Nancy
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Nancy - Just said a prayer for Murray's fast and safe return! Can't believe he's stuck in all this mess up north!! Keep us updated...
I am praying for a safe trip!
Just got off the phone with Margo, the secretary at NEFEC, and she said that she has been in touch with Delta and they have booked a flight from Richmond, Virginia to Gainesville for Murry in the morning. So he is on his way to Richmond and will arrive in G'ville at 11:42pm tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers and will keep you updated. Have a great day!
Aunt Nancy, I'll be praying! Thanks for letting us know what's going on....
Love,
Jenny
I thought you said he'd never fly Delta again (he he!) Good news! I was a little concerned about him being on the road, especially up north. Keep us informed!
I just talked to Dad and we was in Wilminton, DE heading towards Richmond. He said it was about 200 miles away. He said the toll roads have taken all of his cash and he's got about $9 left (I guess it's time for an ATM lesson!). He said he's out of money and out of clean underwear, so I told him to stop by K-Mart on the way maybe he'll see RainMan. I just had to share this with everyone - Dad, I hope you didn't mind!
Keith, you know how he brags about how light he packs, well sometime you just need to be prepared. He may not say anything about how much we pack from now on. HA HA!!
This is why you must ALWAYS pack emergency drawws!
I'm setting in the Richmond Airport and it is 6:39 AM. It took me 16 hours just to get here. I have made it through security and I have a boarding pass. Hope to be home by noon. I sincerely thank each of you for your prayers. What a precious help that has been. I sang hymns to myself until I about lost my voice. God is good. I love each of you. Murry
Murry is home. I picked him up at the G'ville airport around noon today. Thanks so much for all the prayers and thoughts. We love you all!!
We have been praying....so glad to hear you are home safe and sound! Love Dennis and Linda
Post a Comment