Wednesday, November 07, 2007

As Veteran's Day approaches, we wanted to share a few of Dad's many photos taken during his 20 years of active duty serving our country. He traveled around the world (anybody know where Tulaga is located?) and saw many sights. but for me as a child that was his job and I'm just beginning to fully appreciate what he experienced in the Navy. He took lots of pictures, but I don't recall him talking much about it, but then again maybe it was that I was too young to appreciate what he shared. After retiring from the Navy, he spent another 20 years in Civil Service building gun racks and bomb racks. Especially for the grandchildren and great-children who would not know these things unless we share them, here is a glimpse of your grandfather and great-grandfather. May we as children continue to share our story to future generations....heartfelt thanks to all our Veterans for the freedoms and liberty we enjoy!

No comments: