Mom and I really wanted to post some thoughts last week about the anniversary of Pa's death.....unfortunately, last week was too crazy for us to sit down and write the things we wanted to say! But here are a few things that have been on my heart....
It's been 8 years since Pa died, and it's amazing to me how often he still comes up in our conversations with each other and how often I think of him in my everyday life. We've all said quite a bit about what he meant to us, but I think his impact still continues to surprise us as we remember things he said or did or tried to do. What I've been thinking about lately is how he held all of us accountable....he didn't lecture or push, but he said enough that we knew he expected us, the grandkids, to grow up to have a deep relationship with Christ and a thirst for knowledge of Him. We all know, and he did as well, that he wasn't perfect....but when he gave his life to Christ he found grace and forgiveness and peace, and I know he wanted so much for all of us to experience that in our own lives.
I also think about what God did with a life that didn't seem like it held much promise of being one that would make a difference in people's lives.....but it did. We'll never know all the good that came from Pa's willingness to share his faith, but we can look at the family we have today and know that God was at work. There are now 4 generations of Siegels trying to be faithful to God and to glorify Him with their lives....I'm sure when Granny and Pa married they didn't see that in the future! I know that we all have struggles in our lives and that we have our differences at times, but the unity we have through our faith is something I'm so thankful for. If God has done so much for us so far, I know that He will guide us and protect us and use us in the years to come.
Anyway, that's a little of what I've been thinking about lately....hope everyone is doing well, and can't wait to see most of you at Thanksgving! For those who won't be able to be there, we'll be thinking about you!
Love,
Jenny
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment