Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name." Ephesians 3:14-15
We want to welcome the newest edition to the Siegel Family, Lillie Anna Eason! Welcome, Lillie Anna!
6 comments:
Jenny, thank you for the thoughts and pictures of Pa. Some of those pictures I had never seen before. I think that each and everyone of us can see and feel the thumbprint of influence that he left on our lives. It may be something he said to us or just his giving and sharing attitude but he certainly left his mark and I don't think that he ever felt like he had such an impact on lives as he did. His favorite hymn "Years I Spent in Vanity and Pride" was surely a testimony to his life. He made many mistakes, as we all do, but his love for God and his gratitude for what God had done for him was pure and simple and I think that is what God wants from all of us. We truly have a lot to be thankful for and Pa should be at the top of the list. Looking forward to Thanksgiving! I think that was his favorite holiday and that was partly because of his undying gratitude for God and also for us his family which he was so proud of. (Iknow lhe liked the turkey leg, mashed potatoes & gravy & cranberry sauce, too.) I think that maybe he can look out from a "window" up above and look down on his family and feel proud because he knows that "It was not through his own might or power, but through the power of God that we are who we are" and we rejoice in knowing that we will once again some day have those family gatherings with him. Have a great day!!
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. Brandon and I had started dating before Pa died, but I never had the chance to meet him. I really enjoy hearing the stories about his life, and we hope to pass them along to our boys one day. The new baby's full name is Bennett Eric Siegel, and we are excited to call him "Ben," which in a way carries on the legacy of a man who was loved so much. From what I have learned about Pa from the stories, I am sure he would be happy to know that a great-grandson of his will also be a "Ben."
Hannah, it brought tears to Granny's eyes when she told me that ya'll were going to name your new son, Ben and I am sure that Pa had the "silly" look on his face that he would get when he was so proud and didn't know what to say. He probably shouted a big "WHAT HAVE YA!! Thanks so much for your comments!
Jenny just wanted to thank you for the thoughts about Dad. The pictures were a good reminder of the service that Dad did for his country. We are selecting shepherds and reafirming the old ones at CrossWalk and we were asked what person had the most impact on your spiritual life? This was my response. My father continues to become more influential in my spiritual life as time goes by. My dad was a seeker after God through the Bible and other Godly men who impacted his life. Being raised Jewish and coming from a broken home made it real difficult for my dad to be able to see God at times. It was truly a blessing from God that he was able to reach my dad to be a follower of Jesus Christ. I have said this before but there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of him in some capacity. Every so often I will get his Bible out and look through the scriptures where he made notes and put down the dates when they studied that potion of scripture. I will then place my face in his Bible and take a deep breath in to capture the scent of dad and then have a good cry. We are family so I thought I would share those with family. Speaking of family, I know this is late but I really enjoyed myself on my visit this summer. Thanks Murry for playing golf with me. That is something that really meant alot to me. And Nancy thanks for arranging lunch when Ronnie and Inez came down. The time I got to spend with mom was priceless. May we all continue to raise our famlies in a Godly way as we carry on the heritage that Granny and Pa gave to us. I love you all.
Larry
I think the best lesson Pa taught me was that love was a verb, not necessarily a noun. As we all know, Pa had so much trouble (less as the years progressed) verbalizing his love for us. But was there ever a day that we doubted it? Pa taught me that showing your love was what counted. Love is acting interested in your life and staying involved. Love is taking you out to eat on Tuesday nights and giving you math problems to work on when you are waiting for your food. :) Love is having a vested interest in your spiritual well-being. And it must be said, love is having a goody-box. :) Pa exemplified what love for your family, love for your country and most of all love for your Savior was all about.
Wow - all of these comments brought tears to my eyes. I wish I had been given the chance to meet Pa - he must've been such a wonderful man with so much depth! I loved Larry's comment and these pictures were so special - I had never seen any of them! I love that Brandon and Hannah are naming their baby Bennet and calling him Ben...what a treasure and great way to carry on his legacy!
Post a Comment