Thursday, November 08, 2007

What a week! I didn't realize I had missed so much on the blog. Work has been crazy. And then to start my week off, I picked Madison up Sunday morning from a friend's house and she told me she had hurt her ankle on their trampoline. I didn't think too much about it and we went on to church. She kept complaining and finally on Tuesday (I know, I know), I took her to the doctor. Turns out she has a fracture in the growth plate in her ankle. She is now sporting a bright pink cast on her leg. The doctor's feel confident that the fracture will not hinder the growth of her leg and we are hopeful that the cast will come off the week after Thanksgiving. They will re-xray and if it looks like it has healed, the cast will stay off.

Thanks for reminding us all how blessed we are to be able to say we are his grandkids! There are so many things in my life that, for an instant, I wish Pa could have seen that, but then I realize that he did see it (and probably some things I didn't want him to see). I see his love for us more and more each day. When we were kids, I don't think we realized how much Pa loved his family. As I get older, little things remind me of that love. It was truly an unconditional love. He may have expected us to "tow the line", but he loved us all unconditionally. I wish my kids could have known him more. I know he would have enjoyed all of our kids so much! I am so thankful that we still have Granny. She too has always loved us unconditionally. She has always been an inspiration to me! We may have lost our grandfather, but I think she lost part of her life. She has overcome so many things with losing Pa. Little things that we take for granted, she had to learn how to do. What an example she is to us!

Well, I have rambled enough. I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Thanksgiving.

Love,
Melissa

2 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Missy! I hope Madison's cast doesn't give her too much trouble...poor thing!! Hope to see you all at Thanksgiving...tell Maddy to save a spot for us to autograph her leg! :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa, thanks for saying all you said about Granny--she's been such an incredible blessing to me, and it's easy to overlook things like that while people are still with us. Granny and Pa's house was somewhere you always knew you were accepted, and that meant so much to me growing up!
Hope Madison is feeling better....at least she has a pink cast! Looking forward to seeing you soon--
Jenny