Friday, September 29, 2006

Hello all!!! Are all our "Lost" fans ready for next week? Just stole a moment to log on and see what I have missed. With school, work, baseball (league and tournament) we have been extremely busy. Great idea about the book readers Jenny. I am always reading--I get antsy if I get to the end of a book and do not have another to start immediately. Although I must say I have not had the time to pick up one lately. I cannot go to sleep though without completing at least one "Suduko" puzzle. I freely admit I am a Suduko junkie. The harder the better. Everyone of us has our own book. Thanks to me, my father in law and a good friend of ours are now also hooked. We recently bought a game called "Super Stackers". It is a timed cup stacking game--I know I know it sounds lame but it is so much fun and all four of us can play it together. We are fully in the swing of school now. Earl is making excellent grades in all subjects but he is talking a little too much in class (trying to impress the girls I suspect--UGHHH!) but he is working on it. Alec--what to say about Alec. When Alec was younger, Earl and I thought he would need tutoring and extra help in school--how wrong we were. Alec was tested last year and has IQ in top 2% nationally. He began gifted class this year and loves it. They are working with the Renzuli (sp?) online learning system. He and one other 2nd grader were promoted to a 3rd grade reading class which he will start in a couple of weeks. His teacher is having a time keeping him challenged. His little brain amazes me. He wants to take tennis lessons so we are looking for an instructor for him. That is about it for the Dawson family. Hope everyone is doing well!! Love to all!
Kim

P.S. One last thing--we recently came across a movie @ Blockbuster titled "A Second Chance". It stars Michael W. Smith (the Christian singer) and it was a very good movie. Little Earl and I loved it. The previews show several Christian movies including one called "Facing the Giants" which is about a football team. The movies are from MGM and all have a Christian theme to them. There were a couple a swear words in "A Second Chance" but you can see why they placed in the movie--not just thrown in for no reason (that just burns me up when they do that). If you get a chance check them out. K

4 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Kim - If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times...I'm SO impressed with the grandkids in our family! That's so awesome about both Alec and Earls grades - not that I'm surprised because you are such an active part of their education! Can't wait for Lost to start - Chad and I just finished the second season!

The Siegel Family said...

My wife is one of those junkies.
Larry

Anonymous said...

First of all, I can't wait for Lost next week. Second of all, I do a sudoku puzzle or a crossword puzzle every night before bed, too. Can't wait to discuss the new episodes of Lost!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Lost! Mom said she hasn't been able to get into Lost this summer, so I had to remind her they were just re-runs. She said she would try to watch this Wed. That's pretty neat about Alec and Earl. I guess they take after their uncle (yeah, right!) And I'm still working on the Sudoku puzzle book you gave me for Christmas. Love it!