Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Hello family, Just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for Mindy and I on our travels this past weekend. We had a great trip and everything went well. The wedding was beautiful (it was an outside terrace wedding and the weather was gorgeous). It was all in spanish, so we were only able to decipher a few words. We went to the church where Beth Moore attends, but she is no longer teaching a Bible class. We did attend a ladies class and had a wonderful lesson and fellowship with the ladies there. They were telling us that Beth had had a health scare not too long ago (thought it might be cancer), but that it was not and she was doing well. She had just decided that she was spreading herself too thin. It is a beautiful church and huge! We will be going to Destin this coming weekend and meeting Keith, Erin, Harrison and Elizabeth and staying from Friday and coming home on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing them! Mindy and I read 2 of Karen Kingsbury's books while we were in Houston. "Dandelion Dust" and "A Time to Dance". Both were very good! In class on Sunday they were talking about a study they were beginning called "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby. (I think I have his name right). She was just introducing the beginning of it but it sounded really good. Think I will try to get the book. Everyone have a great week!! Love you all, Nancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The "Experiencing God" is an wonderful study! I did the study about ten years ago and still think about some things I learned.
Glad you had a good trip!
Love,
Teresa
Hey Nancy - glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and made it back safely. Also glad to hear that Beth Moore doesn't have cancer! Have fun with Keith, Erin, Harrison and Elizabeth-Anne! Glad you're reading Karen Kingsbury - she's SO good!
Sounds like a good trip! I'm glad you both made it back safely--bring some pictures tomorrow night!
Love,
Jenny
Post a Comment