Funny story to share with everyone. The other night, as I was putting Harrison to bed, I asked him what was the best part of his day. He sat there for a minute with a blank look on his face, so thinking I would help him out, we started naming some things that we did that day - swinging on the swing that Pepaw built, jumping on the trampoline, watching Peter Pan, etc. He finally said, "You pushing me on the swing "really high" was the best part of my day", (by him saying that was the best part of my day!). Anyway, my purpose in asking him that was to demonstrate how God provides us certain things to have fun with. When he chose "the swing", I thought this will be easy. The seat of the swing is made out of wood - God made the trees - there's the connection!! (not sure how I would have connected the trampoline or Peter Pan!) So we talked about how the swing was made out of rope (tied to a tree - another connection!) and the seat was made out of wood. However, when I asked him "Do you know where the wood came from to build the swing?". He looked at me with this confident look in his eyes and said, "It came from Home Depot!"
Obviously, that wasn't the direction I wanted to go, but I guess sometimes you have to be prepared for anything! I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I did experiencing it! Have a great weekend!
Keith
Friday, March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great story! Children keep us on or toes!!! Just when you think you are making a great spiritual application they come up with something like "Home Depot". Tho, I am sure Murry thinks Home Depot is a gift from God! :) Other times you are asking a simple question like "Brandon, why did you pee pee in your pants?" And his reply was, "God said I could!" And you ask what did God say. And he replys in a small deep voice, "Brandon, you can pee pee in your pants". THEN what do you say!!! :)
(Sorry, Brandon but the story is priceless!)
Love,
Mom
You can tell that my grandson has spent a lot of time in Home Depot with his father and his pepaw. It just may be one of his favorite places to go, too. Keith, just keeping making those applications because we know that God's Word will "never return void". God is so good. Have a great day!!
That IS priceless! (I am still laughing!!). It amazes everyday the things they come up with.
Yeah, I hope they have a Home Depot in heaven. Otherwise, Harrison won't know how to "fix something" up there (nor will I). If anything needs fixing around the house, we always go to Home Depot. Thanks for the comments - it made my Friday!
Post a Comment