Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just wanted to ask everyone to keep Jared in your prayers this week. He leaves this morning (@4:45) on a 3 day school field trip. This is a first for us and I am not sure who is more nervous. This is a weird feeling! Knowing that your child is going to be out of your reach. I can't seem to sleep tonight (which is why I am blogging at 3:30 in the morning). He will be in Tallahassee today touring the Senate and House and the governor's mansion etc. Then tomorrow they will take a riverboat tour of Wakulla Springs and then on Thursday head to Wild Adventures in Valdosta.

Hopefully we will both make it thru this. Thank goodness for cell phones! I will probably call 50 times a day.

Well, just wanted to ask everyone to keep us in your prayers.

Have a good day!

Melissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, Melissa. I always liked all my "chicks" to be under my "wing". All of you are always in my prayers. I know he will have a great time. I am sure his stomach was full of butterflies this morning. And I agree with you, cell phones are wonderful!! Have a great day! Love ya(:

Lindsey Eason said...

Missy - you're such a good mom! We'll be praying for Jared's safety in all area's as well as you and David's peace of mind while he's gone! We hope he has a great time and look forward to hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

Just be glad you are not experiencing this before their were cell phones - I don't know how Mom and Dad (or any parents) did it then. Of course, their parents experienced that with even less. I guess the lesson here is the feeling never goes away, no matter what technology is available. I know it's only a matter of time for Erin and me!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip....Dennis and I love Wakullah Springs! We will keep him in our prayers....as a parent, the angst you have when your children are on their own and away is always with you. But we can know God is always with them and us no matter where we are. Jenny is in Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD this week attending a conference and meeting up with some Harding connections. Keep her in your prayers also! Lots of love your way....