Happy birthday to Pa...today would've been his 89th birthday! I think we should all eat a cheese danish in honor of him.
We've said this before, but it's always good to remember--Pa left us with a spiritual legacy that is worth more than anything else he could've given us. It took courage for him to turn his life around the way he did and to confess a faith in Christ--I think God has blessed our family immeasurably for his confession! I can't wait to see him again one day.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Love,
Jenny
Friday, January 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I had been thinking about his birthday today! Pa cetainly passed on his love of reading and thinking to Larry. It is so wonderful to have someone to encourage and challenge you spiritually. I always enjoyed the times sitting around the table after eating and discussing spiritual things.
Love,
Teresa
I sure wish I could've met him!! He must've been a very special man to have married Granny and to have led such a beautiful family!!
Thanks Jenny for the post! He was truly a great man and a wonderful example to me. I know he is beaming in heaven looking down at the wonderful legacy he left us - but I'm sure he's not letting everyone in heaven know how happy he is - he'll get that embarassed look on face and wiggle his fingers in a rolling motion. I miss him.
Teresa, we will be sitting at the table (piled high with salami and bagels, I'm sure!) with him one day again discussing his time in heaven. I can't wait!
Jenny, thanks for the thoughts on Pa. I had been thinking of him and especially today on his birthday. The older I get the more I appreciate what he taught me, not so much in words but by example. He certainly left his mark on just about everyone in the family, from our love of bread(ha ha) and our love for God. He would have been so proud to see how his family is carrying on the legacy that he left us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PA! WE LOVE YOU!!
Like I have said before there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of dad. And like Nancy said the older I get the more I appreciate him for what he has left with me. When I think of how far dad came in his spiritual walk, it truly has God's fingerprints all over it. May we all continue to seek a closer relationship with the God that gave us Pa. Love you Dad!
Larry
There are so many things in my life that happen that I think to myself "Wow, wouldn't Pa love to hear this?" How thankful are we all that we have the hope of seeing him again. His life was truly an example of the difference Christ makes. I can't wait to see him again and hear him exclaim "Good golly" about our loud family! We should make a whole post about our favorite memories with Pa. Everytime I get on here I think about how much he would have loved this. Ya'll know he would have ended up with a computer in his goody box eventually!
As we were cleaning out upstairs making room for Chad and family, I found a box of Jenny's treasures (she has many such boxes!). When I gave it to her, she showed me a letter Pa had written to her when she was in college. He took the time to write a letter (not done much these days) to tell her how proud he and mom were of her and for her to let him know if she needed anything. That was Pa! We miss you, Dad, but thanks for leaving us with little bits of treasures to remember you by! Linda
Post a Comment