Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Siegel Family
The sun is shining in Little Rock after two days of rain. Brandon and Hannah are on the ski slopes in Colorado! He called this morning so excited about the snow covered mountains. Mr Will is with Coach and Honey is Louisiana. We miss him! New Year's Day I was making Monkey Bread. He wanted some but I told him to wait until he ate some other things. He reached over tapped my hand and said in the sweetest voice, "Please, Mimi". Of course, he got all he wanted!!!! Blaine went to his apartment in Searcy yesterday to set up his surround sound that Santa brought him. I think Larry and I might go see a movie this afternoon. I am getting alittle stir crazy!! Four weeks of recovery is all I can take. Thanks Lindsey, Keith and Missy for the speedy recovery comments! Granny's phone calls of love and concern were also appreciated. She is a wonderful mother-in-law! So it is back to work on Monday! Pray for my energy, please.
Keith, how is the reading going of "Blue Like Jazz". I have heard about it but haven't read it. I did alot of reading and Sudoku over the last four weeks.:)
Melissa, I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. That was great that you only had to wait 45 minutes to ice skate! It is a wonderful place to visit. I couldn't live there but I certainly like to take trips there.
To all the Easons, sorry about Poochie. That was along time to have a pet!
Chad, I am praying for you as your began teaching!
We had a great New Year's Eve. Rachel came to visit for a few days to celebrate with us, I guess really with Blaine. :)
But we all had a great time. We went out to eat Sunday night then came home,played cards until the ball dropped, toasted with Welch's sparkling white grape juice and went to bed! Brandon, Hannah and Will came over for brunch on New Year's day and to watch the Razorbacks lose!
Guess is all the news from here!
Love to all,
Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa - We will definitely be praying for your energy level! 4 weeks of recovery is a very long time and I can imagine it's been frustrating being cooped up - sometimes it's nice to be forced to relax, but there's only so much relaxation a person can take until it's no longer enjoyable!! Glad to hear you all had such a fun New Years! I wasn't sure when Brandon and Hannah were suppossed to be in CO but I know they're having an absolute blast with the Gates and the two other couples. I would love to see snow right now!! Thanks for prayers for Chad - he's doing great so far and is enjoying teaching! Hope to talk to you all soon!!
Love, Linds

Anonymous said...

So glad that Brandon and Hannah are having a wonderful time. It is a simply gorgeous place to be. It really makes you understand just a tad of the awesomeness of God and that He spoke all that beauty into existence. We want to go back out there sometime. Teresa, glad you are feeling better. Will be praying for your energy. Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you all....glad everyone is doing well and had safe and happy holidays....it's hard to get back in the groove at work when you have been off a while, so hope your week back is smooth sailing. Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Teresa - I hate to admit it but I am a slow reader. I envy these people that can read a book in a weekend (where do they find the time!). However, I have read the first few chapters of Blue Like Jazz but have not gotten to the meat of it. I will definetly keep everyone updated as I progress. Maybe I can get some reading done this weekend at the cabin (yeah right!). Thanks for asking though. I'm glad your recovery is progressing - keep us up to date!

Anonymous said...

Teresa, thanks for the update! You're in our prayers for a good, smooth recovery, and for an extra measure of energy.
I read "Blue Like Jazz" a few months ago and liked most of it--he had some good thoughts about the Christian life. I'll wait until you finish it, Keith, before I say anymore....