Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Just thought I would let everyone know that Erin's brother, Grant, and his wife, Danielle, just had their first child (girl - Sophia) last night. For those that may not know, Grant is in the Marines and was deployed to D'jbouti, Africa back in August. Despite the fact that he was unable to be here, all is well with Mommy and baby. God has truly blessed our family with healthy babies. Please pray that Grant can come home quickly and safely - scheduled to come home in March.

On a side note, while we were all waitng for Sophia to arrive at the hospital, Harrison got his arm pinned behind an arm rail attached to the wall in the waiting room and ended up dislocating his elbow. Needless to say he was in a lot of pain. However, if your child is going to hurt themselves, it is best to do it in the hospital! We spent the rest of the night hanging out in the ER. The doctor was able to pop it back in place with very little crying on Harrison's part (he was mighty brave, I must say!). After x-rays (aka: "the biggest camera I've ever seen") confirmed no fracture or break (which we intially thought), we were able to go home around midnight. Harrison is back to his old self and is looking forward to going tubing in the snow - without incident I am praying!

Please keep Grant, Danielle, and Sophia in your prayers during this time!

Keith

6 comments:

The Siegel Family said...

I worked at an Abuse shelter in Searcy,AR and one of the women dis-located and broke her shoulder/collarbone by sliding her arm behind the rail...crazy! So sorry that happened to Harrison - sounds as if he as very brave though!!

Congrats to Erin's bro and sis-in-law, - we'll be praying for all of them!

The Siegel Family said...

Sorry - that was Lindsey who posted that! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Grant's baby made it safely into this world! Sorry to hear about Harrison's mishap....hope he'll be ready to hit the slopes this weekend! Your post reminded me I was supposed to find out information about Grant's military post as I ran into an old friend from Mandarin church a couple of weeks ago at a funeral at our church. In catching up with her family, she told me her grandson was in Djibouti, Africa and I remembered Grant was there. Her grandson's last name is Cook (I forgot his first name). I was supposed to e-mail her the information so she could e-mail her grandson. Have a wonderful weekend! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Linda, is he in the Marines? What a small world! If you get his first name, let me know. I will be sure to pass it along.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! (Harrison, I mean) He must have been in so much pain, my jaw has dislocated before and it is simply awful! I'm so glad that everything turned out okay though, can you imagine if he would have broken it? Can't wait to see ya'll TOMORROW (woo hoo!!)!

Anonymous said...

His name is Austin Cook and he is in the Marines....called up from the Reserves. I believe they were from Montgomery. Let me know about Grant so that I can e-mail Austin's grandmother. Have a great weekend....wish we could be there!