Funny story to share, especially with the "Ebayers" we have in the family. Last night Erin and I were watching this show called "Cash in the Attic". Basically, it's about people who find things around their house to sell at auction in order to raise cash for other projects (remodels, buy new computer, vacation, whatever...). Last night, this guy had a Spiderman collection and one of the items he had was a Spiderman Bank (see photo). Larry/Teresa: I'm not sure if you remember, but you gave me one of these for Christmas one year (I have no idea how old I was). We came to see you guys in Henderson (I think) when you lived there. The only things I remember are seeing our old TV, climbing the steps to the second floor and locking ourselves out of your apartment - ultimately breaking the chain on the door. Anyway, on the show last night, they auctioned Spidey off for $50! I guess I should have kept mine. Of course, I had to cut a small hole in his head to get the money out, so I might not have gotten $50 for it.
I always enjoy it when I see things that trigger other memories.
8 comments:
I remember that Spider man bank you had! Do you still have your Star Wars stuff? I got in trouble by David and Jared when I sold Jared's Stars Wars stuff in a garage sale! He Never Played With It and I was tired of taking up room. Mindy, does this bring back any memories (hint: O Jenny House). You can thank me later mom!
Wow! Maybe that was when Larry graduated from Freed in December. We had Christmas at our apartment in Memphis while everyone was together.
Thinking about getting locked out makes me think of the time we went to Crescent Beach in the yellow Mercury Marquis. Pa took off his pants and put them in the trunk along with his wallet and keys. The tide started coming in. We tried to get in the trunk by removing the back seat but couldn't. So we had to call a locksmith to the beach. He didn't take credit cards or checks so we had to get money together to pay him. Then the water was so high that we couldn't drive the car out. Thankfully someone came by with a big truck and chain. He pulled us out just in time! What a day at the beach!:) Great Memories.
I don't remember the bank but I remember all the hot wheel cars we gave you one Christmas. By the way - Will is carrying on the Siegel men's tradition of fascination with cars. When he sees one he really like, he says "Wow, cool car!"
Love,
Teresa
Keith, that was December 1978. How old were you?
Teresa
Ahhh! The yellow Mercury Marquis - now that brings back memories. The smell of a boofer is one that comes to mind first (I really miss that smell!), and the classical radio stations, trips to the base and Worman's (the old location!)
Teresa - mom still has a lot of my old Hotwheel cars (Harrison plays with them when we visit). I guess cars are to guys like shoes are to women - of course Hotwheels are much cheaper!
I would have been 9 - I thought I was younger than that, like 5 or 6. Oh to shave off a few years!
Sorry, that last post was from me. This whole word verification thing is throwing me off!
Missy, I don't have any Star Wars stuff left and I'm kicking myself for getting rid of it all. Have you seen what it goes for on Ebay?!! I do have all my football/basketball trading cards including a Joe Theisman rookie card and several non-rookie cards for Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem, etc. Hopefully, I can retire on them one day.
Those memories are priceless!
Larry
Post a Comment