Tuesday, October 31, 2006


Happy Halloween! We brushed Shep's teeth twice tonight - he NEVER eats sweets or candy...he literally bounced in to his bed tonight due to his sugar high...whew! Can I just brag on our lil' man for a second? Shepherd sweetly said "Happy Halloween" when each family came to the door and he said "thank you!" after receiving each treat. Chad and I were so proud of him! Our construction worker is fast asleep now, however, our lil' munchkin (er, princess....) is still wide awake due to all the attention she received tonight due to her pretty dress and crown (don't worry,...she didn't get any candy...she's still too young!)! Oh well, it's just one night a year, right?...this is one of the best parts of being a parent - getting to watch your children's faces light up! I don't typically feel like it's appropriate to gush over my kiddo's, but guys - I just love em' more than anything!...seeing them happy brings me so much joy,...it's amazing that our Father in Heaven loves us so much more than we love our own children! (Sorry this was so long...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindsey, cherish those moments, when your kids still want to hang out with you. Jared went over to a friends house to a party and then they went trick or treating together. It's hard watching them grow up! Madison still wants to hang with her old parents though. David and I took her around but she got bored after about 45 minutes and we went home and enjoyed a quiet night! Rauley was adorable. I can remember one year when Madison was Tinkerbell! This year she was a witch. She has never been anything scary until this year. Although, she wasn't too scary, she wanted to be a fancy witch. With a glitter tattoo and everything. Jared was a pirate, but I am not sure if I even got a picture of him. Oh Well, I am glad Halloween is over. Now we can go into the holidays that I love! Thanks for the pics! Enjoyed them!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, The pictures are great and I completely agree with you - watching their faces is even more fun than trick-or-treating when you're young! This is the first year that Harrison has really gotten into Halloween. He's hooked now! We can't wait to see you guys for T-Day!

Lindsey Eason said...

Missy - I don't know how parents "let go" and watch their children become independant...I know it's vital to "growing up", but I can already sense that it's going to be difficult for me! But as Scarlet O'Hara says "I'll think about that tomorrow!". :) Glad Jared and Madison had fun last night - I hope you got at least one pic of them in their costumes!!

Anonymous said...

Even though they grow up you still remember the sweet little faces!! :)
Love,
Teresa