Monday, October 30, 2006

Here's some pics of our trip to AR. We got to visit with Brandon and Hannah on Friday night and on Saturday at Homecoming...we briefly saw Blaine, Larry and Teresa at the game - it was one of those - "Oh hey!"...and then of course we got interrupted by other people saying "Oh hey!". Sorry we didn't get to talk longer Larry and Teresa - hopefully on the next trip we can actually have a uninterrupted conversation! :) I've got TONS more pics on our website, so if you have time, feel free to check them out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Lindsey! Mom and I have been in Shepherd-Rauly Withdrawal since you guys left.... :-)
Glad you had a good trip--can you believe the changes at Harding???
See you soon!
Love,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, we came really close to going this year. Erin's mom went with her sister and family (Erin's cousin, Tyler Watts #19 plays for Harding - well sort of - he's injured!). Anyway, they came back with some pics of Harding's updated campus - looks like our contribution $$ are serving Dr. Burkes new office well (he he!). It was 10 years ago last year that I graduated and 10 years ago this Christmas that Erin did - we're old! Glad ya'll had fun!

Lindsey Eason said...

We heard Tyler's name at the senior announcement before the game started - glad Erin's family got to go! It was fun - but it would have been even better if you guys had been there! Chad just told me ya'll would be at Thanksgiving - we're lookin' forward to seeing you, Erin, Harrison and Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you all....it seems like it has been a long time....enjoyed hearing of your trip and viewing the pictures....Love, Mom

Lindsey Eason said...

Hey Linda and Jenny - we're missing you guys too and hope to see you soon. We just got your van clean Linda so it's ready for Dennis when he comes in town (Chad told me Dennis was coming in on Thursday). Sad story for ya'...we lost Nana Bear in Branson at Silver Dollar City - and what's even sadder is that Shepherd has quit asking for her! Chad and I both actually teared up when we saw how quickly she was forgotten. Shep is on to newer and better things apparently...he's now obsessed with "Raffe" - Rauly's Giraffe. SO SAD!!!! I was always one of those moms who said I'd never allow my child to be attached to his/her thumb, or to a blankie or stuffed animal and now here I am wondering which snotty nosed kid is hugging my babies Nana Bear - I told Chad I had to remind myself as we left Branson that Nana Bear didn't have a soul and that she was completely unaware whether or not she was in a trash can or in Shep's arms!!!...I know, it's ridiculous how attached Chad and I got to that stinky old bear!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that makes me sad, too! Nana Bear was almost a member of the family. I guess it's good to know Shep is well-adjusted enough to move on without her...but still! I always laugh about that time you, me, Mom, Shep, and Rauly were at Chili's. The 2 kids were facing each other across the table in their high chairs, and Rauly kept sliding down in hers. So we propped her up by putting Nana Bear behind her. No big deal until Rauly leaned slightly to her left and Shepherd caught a glimpse of Nana Bear stuffed behind Rauly....you just saw this look of horror come over his face and you could feel the shriek coming before you heard it....I think we stuck Mom's purse behind Rauly and got Nana back to Shep as quickly as we could....

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is sad! Ya'll know me....I can't part with anything....especially childhood treasures. We need to remember the story of the Velveteen Rabbit. I just imagine the nursery magic Fairy who takes care of all the playthings that the children have loved found Nana Bear and took her away with her and turned her into Real. Let us take comfort in that. Love, Grandma

Lindsey Eason said...

Linda - I think you need to start putting "Meemaw"...I'm pretty sure that's what you're going to be called from now on! :)