So....any Lost insights from last night?
Here's what I was lying in bed wondering....does Libby have more significance in the plot than she seems to? This may be far-fetched, but she has at least 2 connections to other characters outside of the island. 1. She gave Desmond his boat, allowing him to go on his trip around the world and end up on the island, and 2. she was in the psych ward with Hurley AND the guy who kept repeating "The Numbers" over and over again. Is it possible she had some previous connection to the island, or am I reading too much into it?
Has there ever been a clue about how the guy in the psych ward knew the numbers?
Do y'all think the "Others" are Dharma Initiative people, or did they come from somewhere else?
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I was wondering the same thing about the others--are they Dharma people or were they already there and did they kill the Dharma people? When Ben said he had lived on the island "all my life," I started to doubt that they were Dharma. I think there is way more to Juliet than we are seeing right now. She seems so calm and caring, but even Sawyer thought she wouldn't have thought twice about killing Kate (after he kissed her and stole a gun). As far as Libby goes, she did seem to have more connections to people off the island than any of the other people. I think Sun's baby's father is the guy she had an affair with. Last season it was mentioned that their fertility problems were because of Jin. Also, was the young girl talking to Kate at the work site "Alex?" Sorry this was so long!
Hannah
There is definitely a connection with Libby that has not been revealed yet. My guess is that she is connected to Penny's father. Running into Desmond and giving her boat to him (a complete stranger) was no accident. I think she was after Hurley's money as well (can't remember if he won the lottery before or after the psych ward). Hurley seems to be connected with a lot of people (7 degrees of Hurley!) and I think Dharma is/was after him. Why else would the Others let him go? Of course that would make the Others connected to Dharma and, for some reason, i don;t think they are. Now, if it he won the lottery afterwards, you can forget the money theory!
Hannah, good call on Alex! You could be right!
BTW, who wrote the original post?
oops, that was me. :-) Jenny, that is.
Yes, Hannah, I definitely think it was Alex--I can't wait to hear more of her story. I'm thinking the others aren't Dharma people--the Dharma stuff seems a little too....trite maybe?...to be the big secret behind all of this. I hate that Sun's baby probably isn't Jin's....the two of them just can't seem to get things right....
dadgumet - we had friends over for dinner last night and Chad recorded the wrong channel so we missed this episode....sounds like a lot happened. :( We may have to go online and watch it on ABC's site...apparently it's free.
I think Hurley went to the psych ward after winning the money. I vaguely remember the episode they did about his past, and I think suddenly becoming wealthy did something to him. After he got out of the psych ward is when he left for Sydney--I think!
There you go! I'm calling it - Libby was after Hurley's money which is why she was "in for treatment" and it was planned she would give the boat to Desmond. Now, we need to know what connection she has/had to Dharma or Penny's father (who may also be linked to Dharma somehow). There's definitely a connection because when the alarm went off, the 2 "snow guys" contacted Penny.
But.....isn't the psych ward where Hurley got the numbers to play the lottery to begin with? From the guy who was mumbling them all the time? So he couldn't have won the lottery until he got out--and I'm wondering if Libby being in the psych ward had something to do with her husband dying. But she's definitely got to have some connection to Penny and her father--and somehow they're the ones orchestrating the whole thing from the "outside". My personal theory is that all the women with long blond hair having something to do with the Others and/or the Dharma Initiative. The secret lies with the blondes!!!!
Kidding. :-)
And Hurley's definitely more important to the whole thing than I thought he was....I've been wondering why he was one of the 4 that the Others wanted Michael to bring back. He just didn't seem to fit in that group....
OK, I take back my theory - Jenny I think you are right. He got the numbers in the funny farm. Yeah, why would they request Hurley and then send him back as soon as he got there? You think they planted something on him - like a tracking device?
Kim - where are you?????
We may need a separate blog for the Siegel Family who have no clue about "LOST". How about those Central High Tigers 6-0 Ranked #2 in the State, and had only 21 points scored against them so far. That is what I am Lost into. And how about those Razorbacks. Go Gators this week against Auburn.
Larry
Ok - I thought I was in to this show, but you guys are way more in to them Chad and I are...I'm lost just reading your comments about Lost! Of course, that has mostly to do with the fact that all my brain cells go towards cleaning, reading toddler books and cooking...none of which are stimulating but all of which when done over and over and over again can be exhausting! Back to the subject of Lost - I agree with Jenny...
I am also lost where "LOST" is concerned. I don't think I have enough brain cells to keep all that straight. Congratulations Central High Tigers! Keep up the good work. GO GATORS!! Have a great weekend!!
Ok, Chad and I watched Lost today while he was at work...(that'll be our little secret!). Remember it was said in the first season that the island had healing power ("Locke"),...Chad and I think Sun's baby is in fact Jin's. We also think that the "Others" are Dharma! Surely a highly scientific orginazation wouldn't continue to drop food on an island without ensuring that their individuals are still living and still fulfilling their experiments....and obviousely the food amount would support a large group of people. We think that the Dharma group (or Others) have gone crazy by being secluded on this magnetic island for far too long and are now the "experiments" for all of the Dharma people still in the U.S.! :) But now that I think about it,...surely an experimential program in the U.S. wouldn't allow innocent people to literally be killed for the sake of experimentation...ok, there goes our theory! Oh- and we do think that we're going to be seeing more of Libby later on in the show...we think she and Hurley are going to be key players. Is anyone else happy that Sawyer and Kate are finally getting together?!
I am just now getting to read the rest of the Lost comments. We went to Dallas this weekend for a wedding. I do remember the guy in the psych ward mumbling the numbers. Great memory, Jenny! See, we need each other to figure this out! And, Lindsey, you made a good point about the food and supplies getting dropped off. Before last week's episode, I thought Sun's baby was Jin's, too, because of the island's weird powers. But, now I am not sure. Just when you think you have figured something out, they throw another twist in there. Hope everybody had a good weekend!
Hannah
Post a Comment