"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" to all the mothers and grandmothers!! I wanted to share something I read this morning in the daily devotional "Our Daily Bread". It was entitled "Influence of Godly Moms" and the scripture was Proverbs 31. It talked about the influence of Susannah Wesley, the mother of John and Charles Wesley and it gave a few rules that she followed in training her children.
Subdue self-will in a child and work together with God.
Teach him to pray as soon as he can speak.
Give him nothing he cries for and only what is good for him if he asks for it politely.
To prevent lying, punish no fault that is freely confessed, but never allow a rebellious, sinful act to go unchecked.
Commend and reward good behavior.
Strictly observe all promises you have made to your child.
And I would add one more that Beth Moore stressed to us in one of her classes and that was to every day pray for your children that they would above all else "Love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength".
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Love, Nancy
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment