Wednesday, May 24, 2006



Good morning everyone. I thought I would share a picture of Jared at his 5th Grade graduation. I cannot believe he will be starting 6th grade in the fall. Time has just flown by. He got quite a few awards that night. He was top in Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Math for his class and made all A's. David and I are very proud of him.

Madison just finished up third grade. She also did very well in school. They are glad school is out and this is our first week of summer break. They have been staying at home and enjoying not having to get up early!

Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day.

Melissa

P.S. Mom, I will get you a copy of this picture if you want.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jared and Madison for finishing up the school year with a bang! We're so proud of you both for taking your grades so seriousely - we love having second cousins that we can brag on! :) (Jenny - since I really have NO understanding of 1st, second and removed cousins...you'll have to correct me and Chad if we got that wrong!)
Missy - I sent you guys a thank you note, however I sent it to your old address by accident - I'm really sorry if it doesn't get to you...Shepherd loves his baseball set though and he says "thank you!".

Anonymous said...

Jared, that's so good! We're all so proud of you and that huge brain of yours. :-)

Okay, Lindsey, here's my Official Interesting (or maybe not so interesting...) Librarian Explanatin of the Day:

1. If you and the cousin in question are in the same generation, you're a first, second, third, fourth cousin. For example, Chad and Brandon are first cousins because they are in the same generation of the family and one step down from a sister and brother(Mom and Uncle Larry). Shepherd and Will are second cousins because they are in the same generation, but they are 2 steps down from Mom and Uncle Larry. Shepherd and Will's kids will be 3rd cousins, etc., etc. Okay.
Anybody still reading? :-)

2. The "Once Removed" part comes from cousins who are in different generations. Brandon and Shepherd are first cousins once removed because Shepherd is one generation removed from Chad and Brandon. Madison and I are first cousins once removed because Melissa and I are first cousins and Madison is one generation removed from us. But Madison's kids will be Shepherd's second cousins once removed....because Madison and Shepherd are second cousins and Madison's kids are one generation removed. SEE??? Clear as mud??? Can you tell I'm bored sitting here at the Reference Desk?????

Anonymous said...

P.S. I know I'm a dork. And that I misspelled "explanation".... :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok - that was hilarious!! :) Thanks for the explanation...hopefully I won't mess it up again!