Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I am sorry I missed the special time you had on Sunday. Larry really enjoyed himself.
I had mentioned earlier about the Watoto Children's Choir coming to CrossWalk on Sunday.
It was so awesome. Eighteen children ages 8-12 came. They have lost one or both parents to AIDS. It was definitely a special performance and so professional. To see the smiles on their faces as they sang praises to God was wonderful. We even got to sing and dance a song with them. I was able to visit with the choir director on Saturday night. She had to go to the emergency room for a stomach virus so I went to sit with her. It was so interesting to her about her country of Uganda. She is 26 years old and her name is Priscilla (I can't begin to spell or pronounce her last name). She was from the largest tribe of the country. I was amazed to find out that 60 percent of the country is Christian. Their diet is alot of vegetables. She said a sign of affluence in Uganda is if you have your own garden! If you have the opportunity to see them in one of their tours you won't be disappointed. I think they are coming to Savannah. They started this tour in London, then the midwest US and then to Scotland. Just thought I would share a great experience!
Please keep Rachel's brother and sister in law (Jeremy and Sarah) in your prayers. They are expecting their firstborn. Sarah will be induced on Friday. I think Blaine is going to fly down to Ft Worth. Rachel was here for Will's birth so Blaine must be at Caleb's birth!!! :) They are both both proud aunt and uncle. Being the youngest in their families makes it more special when a baby is born into the family.
Love,
Teresa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I'm so glad that your mothers day was made more special by the orphans. Chad and I would love to meet them and hear them perform - do you know how I could find out if or when they'll be in Savannah? We'll keep Rachel's upcoming nephew and his parents in our prayers. Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,
I know you will love these children. Shepherd would enjoy watching because it is pretty lively. Watoto.com is the website. You can go to the tour dates. I went to the east coast tour. It had them in Savannah, Charleston, Myrtle Beach sometime between Sept 20 and Oct 2. I am sure the calendar will be more exact as the dates draw near.
By the way, Abby Chandler is getting married this Saturday and Amy McAlister the next Friday. It's hard to believe. Am I getting old??????

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
My mom had told me they were both getting married, but I hadn't realized it was coming up so soon. They still seem like little girls to me, although I realize that must've been how I seemed to older girls like Adrienne Gaines and Erin Chandler when I got married. Thanks for the website - I'll check it out!