Saturday, May 13, 2006

Good morning family. Just wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and calls . I came home yesterday evening. Everything showed up favorably and all reports were good. The stress test showed how out of shape I am, but I am going to start walking this coming week. I did not intend for this to become such a big thing. I had been having trouble getting a deep breath for a couple of weeks and then on Wednesday and Thursday I felt a little tightness in my chest. I called my dr. on Thursday to get an appointment for next week and he would not be in the office until Monday. Donna, his nurse talked to me and after hearing my complaints she said I should go to the ER and be checked out. I debated about that and decided that I would just go there have a few tests and come back home. Well, that is not how it happened. And you know the rest. But I am so grateful for the results and have such a deepened appreciation for all the wonderful blessings that God has given me in family and good health and just the everyday things that sometimes I take granted. Teresa said in her call that I should remember to "stop and smell the roses" and that is exactly what I am planning to do. Thanks again for all the prayers and I am looking forward to being with ya'll tomorrow. Thanks to my kids for everything and thanks to Linda for getting Mom to the dr. on Friday. Have a great day and enjoy all the wonderful things that God will show you each day. I love you all!! Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thankful everything turned out fine. God has blessed this family in so many ways. I know I'm so fortunate to have had the opportunity, growing up, to know Him, and I owe that to you and dad. Take care, have a relaxing weekend, tell everyone hello for us and we will call you tomorrow. Love, Keith

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you're home! And we agree with Teresa - you need to stop and smell the roses! We'll talk to you tomorrow - get some rest!