Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hey all - I'm sorry I haven't let everyone know when Shepherd's x-ray is, but quite frankly, I don't know either. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the orthopedic pediatrician's secretary - it is scheduled for the end of the month, and hopefully we'll know tomorrow what day it will be. Typically a week before his x-ray Chad and I start feeling the stress and worries creep in. Please pray that we'll have peace and that we'll be able to give our worries to God. The past few visits to the doctor have been scary - first we learned his growth plate was probably damaged and the next visit we learned it was definitely damaged. His doctors visits typically consist of him clinging on to one of us crying - he's developed an unhealthy fear of doctors due to all of his procedures, so please pray that God will comfort him...and of course we ask that you continue to pray for his bone to grow strong and that his growth plate will have no negative changes.
On a lighter note - we started officially potty training him on Monday and so far so good. Today he actually used the potty without me asking him to and then he ran into the room I was in clapping his hands and shouting "pee-pee!" Not to lead anyone to believe he's not had accidents - I have mopped more in the past 3 days then I have the entire time we've lived here...thank goodness for Swiffer! Rauly is doing great! We went to the beach today and she played in the sand while Chad and Shepherd played in the ocean. I think she's teething - she's drooling all over the place, but she's remained happy and that's all we care about. :) Anyways, hope you're all doing good and we'll talk to you all soon.
Love, Lindsey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I started potty training Will on Monday, too. Each day has gotten better. He actually went into the bathroom on his own today and told me he had to "poopoo," and he did it on the potty without fussing or fighting. I know what you mean about cleaning up the floor! Good luck. If anyone has any tips, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah -
I just got tips from Sara Jo Neal. That's so funny about Will going poo-poo this morning because Shepherd did the exact same thing! Well, some tips that seem to be helping us are : We keep a potty chair near him at all times...it typically sits in the living room because that's where he plays or watches t.v. But, we also keep baby photo albums next to both the potty chair and the toilet, so that he can choose which toilet he'd like to use and then he has something to look at which seems to help take away the pressure to perform. We also have gone totally red neck and while we're at the house, for the most part he is running around without any pants or a diaper on - this really helps him to recognize when he's starting to pee and stop himself. When he has a pull-up on or underwear, he forgets and thinks it's a diaper. Well, hope some of that helps!
I'm so impressed you guys have already started potty training Will. I've heard the sooner the better - Shepherd just had absolutely NO interest at that age. Let us know how it's going. Oh yeah - after seeing how this family is so crazy about the show Lost, Chad and I have started renting the seasons on DVD, it's so good!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys - Shepherds x-ray is scheduled for July 6th (Thursday).

Anonymous said...

Well, I have nothing to contribute to the potty training discussion, but I love Lost, too! Callie and I rented the first DVD while she was here and now I'm obsessed--I've watched 3/4ths of Season One in a week, I think.

Anonymous said...

Try this. Sprinkle some Cheerios or some other "target" in the toilet. It made it fun for Harrison to hit the targets. We also hit a milestone as well: Harrison pooped in the potty for the first time. After he was finished, he got up, looked down and said, "It looks like a big log!" We cracked up! Sounds like you guys have started a little earlier than we did. We just had to wait until Harrison was ready. Of course, he's still the little redneck. When I got home from work yesterday, he went with me to check the mail. I turned around and he had his pants down drowning some ants! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips. Will loves books, so we keep several books by his potty. Sometimes he keeps sitting on the potty after he pees just to look at the books! He has also been a little redneck. All he has been wearing the last few days are his training pants. He sure looks cute, though! p.s. I can't wait for the new season of Lost so we can all discuss it and keep up with the subtle hints every episode offers!