I'm here, Aunt Nancy! Thanks for your message--it's nice to be missed. :-) This has been a really busy 2 or 3 weeks for me and I'm just now coming up for air. I housesat in St. Augustine for 2 weeks, and during that time Callie, my roommate from Harding, came and stayed with me, I went to a conference at Florida College in Tampa for 4 days, and I took my Girl Scout troop (yes, I'm a Girl Scout leader, no I don't have a uniform) on a campout in Fernandina Beach. I got back from the campout a few hours ago, went to my small group Bible Study, and now I'm REALLY looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for the first time in 2 weeks. But I'm so thankful for all that I've gotten to do lately, and it makes me realize how blessed I've been over the past year and how God has filled up my life with so many good things. I worried for a long time about making the move back to FL--I loved my job in Arkansas and had such a good group of friends surrounding me. It was hard to give all of that up, not knowing what was ahead. But God has been, as He always is, incredibly generous to me, giving me more than I ask or imagine. Most importantly, He's given me the chance to be around my family much more than I have in the last few years, and I'm so thankful for that. It has meant so much to me to get to have lunch in St. Augustine from time to time with Granny and Aunt Nancy, to go to the Beth Moore Bible Study with Nancy, Melissa, and Mindy, to sit and talk with Kim during Mindy's graduation, to be in Savannah when Rauly was born, to get to meet Mom and Dad for dinner on the spur of the moment, to spend the night with Granny every now and then.....I know this all sounds corny, but I want you all to know that, after having been gone for a few years, it's such a blessing to be here again and to have so much more family time. We are still scattered over several states, but I think the blog has really helped us to realize we are all here to support and care for each other, and that's such a blessing--one that many families don't have.
Anyway, enough of that! I hope you all have a good week--I'm posting a couple of pictures from my "adventures" over the last couple of weeks.
Love,
Jenny
4 comments:
HALLELUJAH, Jenny I am so glad to hear from you. I know you have been busy and that is a good thing. I have become so accustomed to seeing something on the blog just about everyday that I was becoming paranoid. DO I NEED TO GET A LIFE OR WHAT!!! Oh, well maybe things will get back to normal and lets hear some chatter out there family. Have a great week!!
Hey Jenny! Glad to hear all of your travels brought you back safely - girl you have been busy! Sounds like you've had a good time with everything though and that's good to hear. We're thankful you're still close to our family in Savannah,...we got so used to you living either in the same city or just a few cities away that I don't know what we would've done if you'd stayed in Searcy and we'd moved to Savannah! Anyways - hope to see you soon...oh, and take a break!
So glad you are near enough to drop in whenever you feel like it. Looking forward to our VBS adventure in Virginia! Love, Mom
Girl Scout Leader, huh?!? Does this mean "family discount" on cookies? Have a great day!!!
Post a Comment