Friday, June 02, 2006

The Siegel FamilyHello, family,
Last Friday was my last day until August 1....hurrah!! Sunday after church Dennis and I headed to Savannah to spend a little time with Chad and family. Dennis and Chad have acquired a small boat, and they took it out Monday morning. They spent Sunday evening working on the trailer, and Monday cruising around the waters near their house. Dennis really enoyed it....they had dolphins swimming along with the boat for a while...it was a beautiful day for a boat ride! Meanwhile, back at the house, Grandma had some good fun with Shepherd and Rauly. After a lunch of grilled turkey burgers, we set out for home taking Shepherd with us. We had such fun with him, especially seeing him running, jumping, climbing, doing all the little things boys do! We walked down the road, pulling him in a wagon, until he wanted to walk himself....he would stop at every pine cone in the road and jump over it! I took him to the grocery store (not sure if I could handle the groceries and him too, but we did just fine!). When we got to the bakery, he said "cookie", so the lady handed him a cookie, and he got so excited. He kept saying over and over "thank you, thank you, thank you"! It was so funny! I met Lindsey in Brunswick on Thursday to return him to his home. We had a nice lunch at Sonny's. You all know about his love of Bob the Builder and Bob the Tomato. Well, he decided Sonny was Bob, so everywhere there was a picture of the Sonny emblem, Shepherd was pointing and saying loudly "Bob." There was even one on his plate, so he started moving his food off and pointing to it saying "Bob". Anyhow, I'm exhausted but already miss them. Shepherd will have a follow-up x-ray this month on his leg to determine if it is still growing normally as it should. Please remember him in your prayers! Have a great weekend....love, Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the Easons have switched from eating rabbit to eating turkey (hee hee!) - couldn't resist! Seriously, we will continue to pray for Shepherd's progress. I am jealous that we are not any closer to everyone than we are. Maybe "something" will come up that gets us closer - working progress! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Linda - thanks again for giving Chad and I such a nice,long break! We had truly forgotten how calm and quiet a house can be with just one child.
Keith - Anytime you want a good ol' southern Eason meal...you're welcome at our house! (Just leave all loved animals at home!) :) Seriousely though - I'm from AR and have never had rabbit, possum, frog, or snake. Sorry to dissapoint!