The Siegel FamilyFrom the Siegel's in Arkansas. Teresa left yesterday morning to drive to Destin to spend a week with her family to celebrate her parents 50th anniversary. She will be coming back this Saturday. I will be teaching summer school. I had a good fathers day. Blaine took me out to eat and Brandon and Hannah and Will came with us to Buffalo Grill. Brandon and Hannah and Will presented me with a hat and t-shirt that said #1 Grandpa. Will sat in my lap and wore the hat for awhile. What a guy! On this day I am thankful for the men in our family who have helped shape my life. Dad comes to my mind first, because as I said at his funeral there was never a time that I did not feel love from dad. Thanks Dad. Next in my mind is Murry. How could you not like a guy that is dating your sister and drives a Corvette and will talk football with you. Even if it is primarily Gator football. Murry thank you for being a good role model for me as a young teenage boy who couldn't see the forrest for the trees. You also helped Teresa and I in our spiritual walk that is alive and refreshing as it ever has been. Thanks Murry! Dennis came later in my life and though he has a quiet demeanor, he also impacted my life in his love for Linda. As most know I was not the kindest brother to Linda growing up. But I thought Dennis was a neat guy that was kind to my sister. That enabled me to look at my sister through kinder eyes. Thanks Dennis! To all the guys in our family I send you something that has helped me over the years. For those married less than 20 years.
1.INVEST REGULARLY IN YOUR MARRIAGE
2.MAKE YOUR WIFE YOUR BEST FRIEND
3.LEARN WHO YOU ARE AND WHO YOU'RE NOT
4.ALWAYS LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS, STAY OUT OF DEBT, LEARN TO SAVE AND GIVE AWAY
5.GO FOR THE GREAT EXPERIENCES OVER ACQUIRING MORE STUFF
6.GET TO KNOW GOD PERSONALLY
7.NEVER STOP FIGHTING FOR PURITY AND A LIFE OF INTEGRITY
8.LEARN TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS...FROM GOD AND OTHERS
9.DEVELOP MAN FRIENDS YOU CAN LOVE AND BE ACCOUNTABLE TO...A PERSONAL BOARD
10.START DEVELOPING AND REFINING A LONG RANGE VISION...A NORTH STAR FOR YOUR LIFE
For those of us who have been married 20+ years
1.REFOCUS
2.KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU COME ALIVE
3.BUILD ON YOUR STRENGTHS
4.RECONCILE,FORGIVE,APOLOGIZE, AND MAKE RESTITUTION
5.FIND YOUR NOBLE CAUSE AND SERVE OTHERS
6.INVEST IN YOUNGER MEN
7.CONTINUE YOUR QUEST FOR GOD
8.EXPERIENCE TWO FUN MEMORY-MAKING TIMES A YEAR WITH YOUR WIFE
9.REFINE THE LONG RANGE VISION
10.TAKE THE HIGH GROUND WITH A FRESH FAITH.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY,
LARRY
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you had a good day! Thanks for the recollections of the past and reminders of how we are to live. Hope you have a good week!
Love, Linda
Hey Larry! Thanks for the words of wisdom for us newly weds! That's awesome about Teresa's parents 50th wedding anniversary - I had no idea they'd been married for so many years!
Thanks for the reminder of how much we have to be thankful for. The older I get the more I realize how truly blessed we have been as children and now as adults in this every increasing family. Have a great week!
Post a Comment